" Step 1 "
Get ready, gather tools, read the Short Version of instructions before you start.
**(youtube video goes here )
Very Important, do not plug in the battery until all other connections are complete, if you have completely installed the kit, then plug in the battery and it does not run as expected, disconnect the battery before you double check all other connections.
- First thing, before you turn the bike upside down, you may want to start by releasing the brakes, this can be done with the bike upside down, but it's easier if you do it before you flip the bike over.
- If you are working in the driveway, find something to protect your seat while the bike is wheels up .. be aware of your handlebar accessories as well, avoid damaging shifters or lights etc.. if need be, loosen them and rotate them safely out of the way
- Remove the front wheel, then deflate and remove your tire and tube. This is a good time to consider buying a new tire and tube if the existing one is old and cracked or nearly worn out, a quality tire ( and extra thick downhill tube ) improve ride performance and efficiency, soft knoby tires do not roll efficiently and will affect range. A good road tire with smooth thread is highly recommended.
- After Installing the tire and tube on the Kit's rim, inflate the tube being carefull that the valve is exiting straight and not at an angle to prevent damage to the stem.
- The wire that exits the motor should be on the same side as your bicycle chain, pay attention to this to insure the motor spins the proper direction.
- If requried, use the provided C washers to fit into the cups meant for a quick release axle, aka : " Lawyor Lips " , it is important to insure the washers and axle nuts sit flush with the fork and that they do not sit on the outer edges ( pictures to come )
Installation problems :
Troubleshooting Guide :